Nearly 78 percent of adult day centers are operated on a nonprofit or public basis and the remaining 22 percent are for profit.¹
70 percent of adult day centers are affiliated with larger organizations such as home care, skilled nursing facilities, medical centers, or multi-purpose senior organizations.
The average age of the adult day center care recipient is 72¹, and two-thirds of all adult day center care recipients are women.
Thirty-five percent of the adult day center care recipients live with an adult child, 20% with a spouse, 18% in an institutional setting, 13% with parents or other relatives, while 11% live alone.¹
Fifty-two percent of the adult day center care recipients using adult day services centers nationwide have some cognitive impairment.¹
Daily fees for adult day services vary depending upon the services provided. The national average rate for adult day centers is $61 per day (includes 8-10 hours on average) compared to an average rate for home health aides of $19 per hour.²