Thursday, May 10, 2012

Adult Day Care Center Information

The most recent nationwide survey of adult day centers confirmed over 4,600 centers operating in the United States providing care for 150,000 care recipients each day.¹ Nearly 78 percent of adult day centers are operated on a nonprofit or public basis and the remaining 22 percent are for profit.¹ 70 percent of adult day centers are affiliated with larger organizations such as home care, skilled nursing facilities, medical centers, or multi-purpose senior organizations. The average age of the adult day center care recipient is 72¹, and two-thirds of all adult day center care recipients are women. Thirty-five percent of the adult day center care recipients live with an adult child, 20% with a spouse, 18% in an institutional setting, 13% with parents or other relatives, while 11% live alone.¹ Fifty-two percent of the adult day center care recipients using adult day services centers nationwide have some cognitive impairment.¹ Daily fees for adult day services vary depending upon the services provided. The national average rate for adult day centers is $61 per day (includes 8-10 hours on average) compared to an average rate for home health aides of $19 per hour.² Funding for adult day services comes from fees for service and third party payers, as well as public and philanthropic sources. The average capacity of adult day centers is 40. ² The average adult day center care recipient to staff ratio is 6:1. ²

5 comments:

  1. I have been looking the World Wide Web for this information and I want to thank you for this post. It’s not easy to find such perfectly written information on this topic. Great Work!


    health care centre

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a blog with full of latest and spectacular information’s – This blog has helped me to gain much more information. I chiropractic care Townsville would like to appreciate the blog owner for his efforts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. Adult day care and health programs are vital to the health and wellbeing of seniors. These programs provide a safe and nurturing environment where seniors can take part in the hobbies they enjoy, make new friends, and enjoy activities they might not have access to otherwise.
    Adult Day Care Boston MA

    ReplyDelete